Roundtable: Pig production in times of economic uncertainty - Dr. Chad Pilcher and Mark HulsebusApr 05, 2020
Click here to listen on Apple Podcast
Click here to listen on Spotify
I wanted to introduce you to the Swine.it Podcast Roundtable. This is a new series of episodes envisioned by Provimi and Swine.it, where we will have bonus episodes in a roundtable format with experts of the global swine industry tackling subjects that can influence the producer’s bottom line.
On this first episode, I chatted with Dr. Chad Pilcher and Mark Hulsebus, both from Provimi, about “Pig production in times of economic uncertainty”.
Here are the highlights:
• COVID-19 situation and shifts among pig producers;
• Thoughts on managing a pork production business under economic uncertainty;
• The biggest aspects producers should consider right now from a nutrition standpoint;
• Overview on managing pig growth if/when packing plants reduce the number of shifts;
• Tips on maintaining lean operations and having cash reserves;
• Formulating for maximum profit versus minimum cost per kg of gain.
This episode was published by Lauro Faccin & Laihane Almeida.