#70 SNBB - Dr. Jamil Faccin: Effects of different soybean meal levels in pig performance and cost-effectivenessJun 15, 2023
Considering that swine nutrition constitutes the majority of production costs, it is vital to consider economic factors when formulating feeds. While simply increasing soybean meal levels can improve pig performance, one must take into account the final cost and market projections, which are crucial in determining the most cost-effective formulation strategy. In this episode, Dr. Jamil Faccin discusses a study on soybean meal levels in pig diets and their effects on performance. The research aimed to determine the optimal amount of soybean meal based on market projections.
Meet the guest
Dr. Jamil Faccin
○ Current: Postdoctoral Researcher, Applied Swine Nutrition (Kansas State University); Co-owner (Wisenetix)
○ Past: Veterinarian (BRF) Canada
○ Ph.D. (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul)
○ M.Sc. (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul)
○ D.V.M. (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul)
Hobby: reading and traveling!
Favorite quote: "He who says he can and he who says he can’t are usually right."
A tip for success: Done is better than perfect.
Connect with our guest on Social Media: LinkedIn