#76 - Optimizing BCAA: Lysine Ratios for Improved Growth and Health in Pigs, by Dr. Ryan SamuelJul 27, 2023
Optimizing branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) to lysine ratios in swine diets could improve the growth, muscle development, and overall health of pigs. In this episode, I interviewed Dr. Ryan Samuel, an Assistant Professor of Monogastric Nutrition at South Dakota State University. We discuss Dr. Samuel's research on the effects of different BCAA to lysine ratios on carcass data, growth, performance, and economics. His study aimed to improve the amino acid ratios and balance in order to enhance the performance of grow-finished pigs.
Meet the guest
Dr. Ryan Samuel
○ Current: Assistant Professor at South Dakota State University
○ Past: Research Project Manager at Alltech.
○ Ph.D., Animal Science (the University of Alberta)
○ M.Sc., Animal Science (the University of Alberta)
○ B.Sc., Hons Chemistry (the University of Prince Edward Island)
Connect with our guest on Social Media: LinkedIn