Swine it Podcast #136 – Dr. Roger Campbell: Future issues in the swine industry and how we can prepare for themMar 15, 2022
Hi there - There is not only one right way to effectively run a swine farm, and no country in the world has all the right answers. Many countries excel in some aspects, but lack in others. In today’s talk with Dr. Laura Greiner, Dr. Roger Campbell discusses different pork production practices around the world, and what he thinks needs to change in the US to improve certain aspects of swine production.
What you will learn:
1. The most significant issues in the swine industry for the next ten years
2. Strategies to help offset those issues
3. Group housing sows
4. How to make sows successful
5. How is Australia handling increased labor today?
6. What are we missing about feed efficiency?
7. Opportunities for sows to improve feed efficiency
8. The capabilities of sows
9. Technologies in creep feeding
10. Key points
Meet the guest: Our guest is Dr. Roger Campbell, another bright mind of the Global Swine Industry. Dr. Campbell received his Ph.D. in 1973 in Nutrition and Physiology from the University of Melbourne. After that, he worked for a large integrator in Australia. From 2005 to 2018, he led the Pork CRC as their CEO as they conducted hundreds of experiments and trained dozens of students. Recently, Roger opened his own consulting business named RG Campbell Advisory.