High feed costs have a huge impact on the profitability of the swine industry. If ingredient prices and energy costs are high, it can be difficult to reduce feed costs without compromising quality. So the big question is: what can we do to lower feed costs? The good news is that a successful swine production operation can be maintained despite high feed costs, provided we have careful planning and management.
In this course, you'll learn some of the strategies that can be used to mitigate the impact of high feed costs, such as optimizing feed usage, reducing waste, exploring alternative feed ingredients, and understanding the economic scenario that led to such a situation. This course is lectured by Dr. Trey Kellner, Swine Nutritionist and Managing Partner at AMCV Nutritional Services.
Meet the speaker:
Dr. Trey Kellner
- Current: Swine Nutritionist and Managing Partner at AMCV Nutritional Services.
- Past: Graduate Assistant at Iowa State University
- Ph.D., Swine Nutrition (Iowa State University)
- M.Sc., Swine Nutrition (Iowa State University)
- B.Sc., Animal Sciences (University of Nebraska-Lincoln)